Individual Development Centres at Robert Walters
We were asked to provide a one-to-one leadership development programme for a select team of directors at Robert Walters, in support of the Group’s vision for service expansion across the UK, Middle East and Asia. Robert Walters selected Pearn Kandola as the programme partner based on our expertise in one-to-one development, our experience in delivering leadership development to global recruitment businesses and, therefore, our understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by senior leaders in the recruitment industry.
We provided participants with data on their leadership behaviours gathered from colleague, client, and stakeholder feedback, presented alongside self-evaluation questionnaires. This gave each director a comprehensive evaluation of their impact and effectiveness as a leader, which was translated into a dedicated development plan for use in coaching.
The Individual Development Centres (IDCs) were hugely valuable to each director. The participants appreciated the experience and found it added genuine value to their careers.
Participant feedback included:
- ‘I was cynical to start with, but it was scary just how accurate the report is’
- ‘Really great opportunity to gain feedback on myself that would not have been possible otherwise’
- ‘Opened my eyes on how others really see me and what I need to do differently’
- ‘Fantastic opportunity – I wish I had this much earlier on in my career’
- ‘Programme was very well put together and pack is very thorough’
- ‘All leaders should have this’
- ‘Not sure how I have progressed so far without this insight’
- ‘Having this form of development is really positive’
- ‘360-degree feedback has really helped me to see myself differently – like holding a mirror up to myself’
- ‘Now I know what I need to do differently as a leader’