Adverse Impact in Recruitment, Succession Plans and Promotion
Show discrimination the door
Adverse impact refers to employment practices that appear neutral but have a discriminatory effect on a particular group (or groups) of people. Unfortunately, adverse impact appears quite often in businesses today. It can be damaging, but it can be reduced or entirely avoided. Here’s how:
- We conduct Adverse Impact Reviews of key decisions such as recruitment, succession planning, promotion and redundancies
- These reviews give you an overall picture of whether your end-to-end process is fair and bias-free
- We pinpoint which stages or exercises within your process are introducing adverse impact
- Our reviews provide an objective measure of whether one group is being disproportionately favoured over another at each stage
- We can work with you to improve every stage of your key employee processes and eliminate bias.